Small/Mid-sized Business Solutions:
We can help you pick the best solutions for your needs, time, and budget.
We can provide on-site and remote planning, installation, setup, maintenance, and/or troubleshooting for all your IT needs.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of items we support:
• Planning and implementing office moves
• Supplementing your existing (and probably overworked!) IT personnel
• Substituting for temporary IT personnel vacancies
• IT purchasing and licensing support
• Producing discovery on files and email in response to lawsuits and legal investigations
• Selling or properly disposing surplus, obsolete, or broken IT hardware for you
• Properly documenting your network, passwords, providers, domain registrars, etc.
• Windows 2016/2012 R2/2012/2008 R2/2008/2003 Server systems
• Active Directory and Group Policy
• Server virtualization including:
• VMWare Vsphere/ESX - the industry leading "bare metal" virtualization platform
• VMWare ESXi -- VMware's free version of ESX -- more limited, but still very powerful
• Microsoft Hyper-V
• Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 - Microsoft's free answer to VMWare ESXi
• Proxmox - free / open-source server virtualization
• Windows 10/ 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 desktop operating systems
• Workstation virtualization including:
• VirtualBox -- the best free workstation virtualization product
• VMWare Workstation -- the premier commercial workstation hypervisor
• Parallels Desktop -- providing virtualization for Macintoshes
• Microsoft Exchange and other mail or groupware servers
• Hosted web, mail, and application server solutions (e.g., Google Apps)
• Anti-spam solutions (host-based, appliance-based, server-based, and client-based)
• Microsoft Office and other software including:
• Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Visio
• OpenOffice -- the premier free / open-source answer to Microsoft Office
• IIS, Apache, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, and other web server and database products
• Quickbooks, Peachtree, and other accounting products.
• Virus, malware, and spyware prevention and removal. Specialize in Avast! and Bitdefender, but will
service any brand of AV (Microsoft, Symantec/Norton, McAfee, Trend, etc.)
• Removal of cpu-draining "junkware" or "crapware" pre-installed on many mainstream computers
• Optimizing services and startup routines for better speed and security
• FTP and SSH clients and servers (e.g. IIS, WinSSHD, WinSCP, FileZilla, FileZilla Server, etc.)
• Tape, disk, and remote/online backup and synchronization solutions
• Security/update patch management for Microsoft and non-Microsoft software
• Can deploy Microsoft's free WSUS patch server to keep all your Windows systems updated
• Can enable automated updates for your Linux and Macintosh systems as well
• System cloning and mass deployments
• Automated software and patch deployments
• Automated hardware and software inventory via Lansweeper or OCS Inventory NG
• Intel/AMD servers, desktops, laptops, and netbook computers
• Specialize in Dell PowerEdge servers and Dell "business" client computers
(Optiplex desktops, Latitude laptops, and Precision desktop/mobile workstations)
• But will service any brand! (Dell, HP, Apple, SuperMicro, Acer, Toshiba,
IBM/Lenovo, Fujitsu, Samsung, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Sony, etc.)
• Will build or commission custom servers, desktops, and laptops from parts as well!
• Linux servers/workstations, specializing in Ubuntu and Turnkey virtual appliances
• Apple Macintosh desktops and laptops
• RAID, iSCSI, and NAS storage solutions (specializing in Synology NAS storage)
• Cell phones and tablets (iPhone, Android) etc.
• Faxes, copiers, printers, scanners, digital cameras, webcams, etc.
• Digital audio and video: MP3 players, digital video players, home theatre PCs, etc.
• Hard drive/SSD, memory, cpu, video card, etc. upgrades
• Phone and network cabling
• Routers, firewalls, wireless, VPNs, switches, etc.
• Specialize in Sonicwall firewall/gateway solutions
• But can also deploy free firewalls from PFSense and Untangle
• Netgear switches -- my favorite reasonably priced (and highly reliable) network switches
• Wireless access points
• For less demanding solutions, firewalls from TP-Link (e.g., TP-Link Archer C1200 wireless router)
• Remote access to servers and workstations via VPN and Remote Desktop, LogMeIn, GoToPC, and more
• Broadband Internet connections: T1, DSL, Cable, U-verse, 3/4g, wireless broadband, etc.